Wednesday, March 14, 2012

iPhone Theming!

                                                             
                 BEFORE                                                                                                                AFTER


Jailbreaking allows you to create and use custom themes made in paint or Photoshop. Look at the picture on the left. This is my default screen before a theme is applied. You may have noticed that i have five icons in each row rather then rows of four that standard iPhone users are forced to have. This is an example of an tweak that you can download in your phone. This tweak can allow five icons in each row and five icons in the dock. Now look at the picture on the right. This theme is called "Sink." You can clearly see the transformation of the interface that has occurred. Each icon has been changed to fit the theme perfectly. The theme also has a widget (the yellow LCD that shows "Wednesday, March 14) where the date, weather, and temperature constantly scroll on my main screen! This is only one example of a theme. There are thousands of other to choose from!

-Nate

Here is a final tip: Want to know how to capture or take a picture of the screen on your phone? Press the lock button on the top of the phone and the home button at the same time. The picture will automatically be saved in the "Photos" app.

6 comments:

  1. I was watching you create this page in class yesterday. I was interested to see the finish product and how you linked all the pictures together. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nathan, really cool. I had no idea you could change the theme of the iphone. Is this an app? Does it cost money? Would you be able to point me into a direction where I can learn more or download what I need?

    Thanks!
    Jordan M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thank you for all of the wonderful iphone tips! I don't have one, but I do have an ipod touch & they pretty much work the same way. I had mine jail-broken & it is a lot more awesome now that I don't have to pay for anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great tips Nate! Can't wait to try it out on my iphone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had an iPhone so I could do all these awesome things! If I ever switch from Android I will definitely be coming to find you! Really cool idea for a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nate! This is a really cool blog. I own an iPhone and I had no idea I could modify my phone like this! Thanks for sharing your tips I'm definitely going to try them!

    ReplyDelete